The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is awesome because it gives you an opportunity to buy NEXT season’s clothing for less. Even though it’s the middle of summer, you can start thinking about football tailgates, leaves changing colors, and the chill that will soon permeate the air as you shop for a few items to add a few items to your fall wardrobe.
I love fall clothes shopping, but over the past couple of years my lifestyle has changed quite a bit. I stay home with an infant, a toddler, and two dogs. I work from home, too, but generally in the middle of the night once everyone is asleep and the house is quiet. As much as I might want one, it’d be silly for me to invest in a new blazer or booties for fall. I don’t want to completely miss out on the shopping fun, however, so this year I’m directing my attention to one particular area of the clothing spectrum: Athleisure.
According to Wikipedia (!), athleisure is a fashion trend “in which clothing designed for workouts and other athletic activities is worn in other settings, such as at the workplace, at school, or at other casual or social occasions.” I haven’t yet found a way to include working out in my daily routine, but my life definitely revolves around an ever-growing closet full of athleisure apparel so I always look like I’m ready to hit the gym!
If you, too, love being comfortable (and who doesn’t?!), I’ve rounded up some of my favorite athleisure styles for fall from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Keep reading for all of the details.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks
1. Gotta Have It V-Neck Tee from Make + Model – normally $25, now $15.90
I love a good v-neck tee! The price is right on this one and it comes in a few different colors.
2. Buffalo Check Baseball Cap from BP. – normally $25, now $15.90
A cap is an essential accessory for those days when you can’t be bothered to do your hair!
3. (Plus Size) Good Vibes Jogger Pants from Make + Model – normally $49, now $31.90
These are the epitome of comfy pants, yes? I have a pair in my cart right now but I might need more than one pair…
4. Asymmetrical Drape Collar Terry Jacket from Caslon – normally $79, now $49.90
I know this model is wearing this sweater with jeans, but it seems like the perfect top to pair with Zella leggings because it’s long enough to cover what needs to be covered! Pair it with some tall boots for an easy, yet stylish, outfit.
5. V-Neck Pullover from Wildfox – normally $88, now $58.90
The cut of this makes it look like a sweater, but it’s actually a sweatshirt! I wonder if it’d be possible to sneak this into the office…
6. Lounge Pants from The Laundry Room – normally $78, now $51.90
I have to admit that while these look comfy, what really attracted me to these pants is the color.
7. Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker – normally $149.95, now $129.95
Fitbit products rarely go on sale, but you’ll find a nice selection of them included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
8. UGG Wrin Rib-Knit & Genuine Shearling Slipper – normally $119.95, now $79.90
I buy a new pair of UGG slippers every winter because they are so darn soft and comfortable!
9. (Plus Size) CozyChic Lite Circle Cardigan from Barefoot Dreams – normally $118, now $78.90
If you haven’t had a sweater (or blanket) from Barefoot Dreams yet, you are missing out! Their products are SO soft.
10. (Plus Size) Live In High Waist Leggings from Zella – normally $58, now $37.90
Zella leggings are HANDS DOWN the best leggings ever. I stock up on them every time the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale rolls around!
11. (Plus Size) Cold Shoulder Burnout Sweatshirt from Caslon – normally $79, now $52.90
The cold shoulder trend is here to stay, which means that with this sweatshirt you can be both comfortable and stylish!
12. French Terry Pants from Reebok – normally $65, now $42.90
Were it not for the stripe down the side, I’d argue you could almost get away with wearing these to *some* offices.
13. Tory Burch Cat Eye Sunglasses – normally $215, now $143.90
I think sunglasses are a necessity. They can even take an athleisure look from somewhat drab to fab!
14. Nike Free Focus FlyKnit 2 Training Shoe – normally $120, now $89.90
I love this turquoise and gray combo!
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale runs through August 6, 2017, though I do recommend shopping sooner than later! Some items are selling out, including this asymmetrical cardigan that I wanted so badly! Alas.
By the way, if you plan on shopping this sale, I highly recommend becoming a Nordstrom Rewards Member! It’s free and you’ll earn points for every dollar spent!