You can see the video above for my reactions as I opened the box (I wasn’t thrilled), or check it out here:
Contents of my January Beauty Box 5 Shipment:
- Ferro Cosmetics Desert Rose Blush (that’s the little plastic bag) – I think I received this before, possibly in a previous Beauty Box 5 shipment.
- Pencil Me In Amethyst Eye Pencil – this is a full size product that retails for $6.99
- Model Co Pomegranate Colourbox Lip Pencil (oops – in the video I say this is an eye pencil and I was really confused about what I’d do with a pink eye pencil!) – this is a full size product that retails for $18
- Perfumies Solid Perfume Stick – this is a full size product that retails for $7
- Natural False Eyelashes, which the description sheet says is a “Surprise 2012 Favorite.” Interesting, because I threw these false eyelashes in the trash immediately. They’re incredibly cheap.
While I’ve enjoyed Beauty Box 5 on occasion, stopping my subscription to this box was a no-brainer. I’d say I felt like the box was a good deal less than 50% of the time. Yes, I received three full-size products in this box, but I don’t really need hot pink lip liner or purple eye liner. In fact, there’s nothing really in this box that I want.
A monthly subscription to Beauty Box 5 costs $12, and for that you will receive 5 deluxe beauty samples.
I guess my subscription boxes in 2013 aren’t off to a hot start, although I do have a fab – new! – box to share with you all tomorrow!
For more sites like Beauty Box 5, be sure to check out our full list of beauty sample boxes!