While perusing Plum District, I came across an offer for JewelMint that I thought was interesting and share-worthy. When JewelMint launched they were just a monthly jewelry subscription site. Now it appears they’re going the Stella & Dot route and letting people start their own style consulting businesses.
There’s more information on the Mint Style website, but basically it appears that you purchase a starter kit and then you can start selling JewelMint jewelry.
The starter kit, which sells for $199 and has a retail value of $300, contains the following items:
- Your personally selected collection of JewelMint pieces (allegedly $300 worth of jewelry)
- Mint Style product catalogues
- Client Order Forms
- Mint Style canvas tote bag
- Ring Sizer
- Login information to your personal online office on MintStyle.com
- Unlimitted support from our Mint Style Community
- A custom Jewelmint.com referral link for you to share with your Client
- Comprehensive Mint Style Training Guide and tons of educational materials, templates and tools available in your Mint Style Studio
According to the website you’ll earn back your $199 investment with $660 in sales. There are two additional kits you can purchase: the essentials kit for $399 and the professional kit for $699. The difference in each kit is how much jewelry you get to start off with, and I guess your own attitude about making this a viable career opportunity. (ie, More jewelry to show could possibly mean more sales for you.)
I guess it makes sense for JewelMint to go in this direction, I’m just surprised that the first time I’m hearing about it is through a Plum District deal. With the Plum District offer you’ll still pay $199 for the Mint Style Starter Kit but you’ll also receive a leather jewelry box.
I wonder if this spells the end of JewelMint as a monthly subscription site, or if they’re just trying to find new ways to expand their clientele.
What do you think? Would you consider becoming a JewelMint Style Consultant?