I’m sad to say it, but this coming weekend really marks the end to summer, which is crazy, because it feels like summer just started!
Personally, this was one of my favorite summers as an adult. Obviously the biggest thing was that I (finally) quit my job, but in addition to that personal victory my husband and I had the opportunity to spend lots of time with friends and family, and had more visitors this summer than we ever have before. We finally ate at the restaurant I’ve been dying to try for years (Moto), and met a Top Chef while we were there. We had a fabulous time exploring Miami and St. Lucia. My pup Bacon has a terrible anxiety problem and my being home has helped him overcome it a bit. Overall, I have no complaints and we’ve already got some new adventures planned for fall.
And speaking of, it’s almost time to put away your shorts and sandals and prepare for the cooler months ahead. While that’s kind of sad, repurposing and rebuilding your wardrobe is always a blast. Last week we looked at purple, which is one of the hottest fall 2013 color trends, and today we’re going to check out a few of the red items that are currently on the market.
Red – in every shade – is big this fall. Oxblood is back, but so are brighter reds. Red flannel is back with a vengeance, as are red accessories. Whatever red you have hiding in your closet, now’s the time to pull it out.
And if you need to add a little bit of red to your fall 2013 wardrobe, here are some of my favorite pieces (almost all of which cost less than $75):
1. Three Quarter Sleeve Dress - $64.95 at Gap
2. Long Sleeve Top with Faux Leather Detail - $68 at NYDJ
3. Royal Gem Cuff - $28 at BaubleBar
4. Printed Pencil Skirt – $22.94 at Old Navy
5. Beaded Boucle Sheath Dress - $168 at C.Wonder
6. Val Ankle Pumps – $34.99 at Target
7. Halogen Colorblock Ponte Peplum Shell - $58 at Nordstrom
8. Midi Skirt with Drop Waist and Pleats - $50.63 at ASOS
9. (Plus Size) Chevron Cardigan - $49.95 at Lane Bryant
10. Ophelia Heel - $198 at Coach
11. Emperia Studded Faux Leather Tote – $52 at Nordstrom
What do you think? Will you be wearing red this September?
More trends to try:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a (very) small commission if you click a link and purchase something.