I know that bottle-fed isn’t necessarily synonymous with formula fed, but I thought I’d share some of my favorite bottle-fed baby travel necessities, which should mostly work regardless of what your baby might be eating. These are all items that I personally use to feed my baby when we are traveling both near and far, because certain products are better than others depending on the length of the trip.
If you’re going to be hitting the road with a baby anytime soon, be sure to check out these bottle-fed baby travel necessities that will help make feeding on the road a cinch!
1. Similac On-the-Go Powder Singles – If your baby is formula-fed, both Similac and Enfamil have released on-the-go powder singles, which are awesome! Each single-serve portion is enough for a 4 oz. bottle and there are 12 individual packets per box. We love traveling with these pouches and I always keep a spare in my diaper bag just in case. They’re a lot more convenient than formula dispensers.
2. Bottle Bag – If you are making bottles at home to take with you – perhaps for a road trip or for a day trip to the zoo – then a bottle bag is a must-have! Look for a bag that comes with gel packs that you can freeze ahead of time, otherwise, you may also want to invest in some gel packs that will help keep the bottles cool.
3. OXO Tot On-the-Go Travel Drying Rack with Bottle Brush – If you spend a lot of time in hotels or just away from home, this travel drying rack and bottle brush are awesome! It’s small enough to toss in the diaper bag but folds open to provide ample drying space. I also love that this kit comes with a bottle brush that fits inside the rack as it’s one less thing to worry about.
4. Dapple Baby Bottle and Dish Liquid, 3 fl. oz. – This is pretty basic dish liquid, but it’s great to have on hand for places that may not provide such a product. Also? At 3 oz. you can easily pack it in your carry-on bag for plane trips! I keep the dish soap with my travel toiletries, so I know I’ll never be without it!
5. Mixie Formula-Mixing Baby Bottle – For shorter trips, the Mixie has become our go-to! You fill the bottom container with formula, close it up and then add water. When you’re ready to make a bottle for your baby you just release the formula into the bottle via a button on the bottom of the bottle and mix. It is super easy and convenient to use! I typically take a Mixie with me when we are heading out to restaurants. It’s amazing… as soon as our dinner arrives my daughter seems to get hungry as well. 😉
6. Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer Bags – As an extra precaution when you’re on the road, you might want to invest in disposable sterilizer bags. Each bag can actually be used 20 times, and all you need is a bag, your bottle and parts, and a microwave. These bags disinfect 99.9% of common bacteria and germs.
Do Tell: What other bottle-fed baby travel necessities do you recommend?
Also Check Out: